Thursday, August 16, 2012

ARC Pastor Publishes New Book


“Too long have followers of Jesus settled for religious compliance and inoffensive comportment. Too long have rank and file Christians delegated the dangerous life of following Jesus to the professionals, believing them best suited for the radical engagement with the world that Jesus models. Too long have we believed that the highest goal of Christianity is conforming people to good behavior, getting folks to follow the rules, making people nice. Now is the time to raise our danger quotient. Now is the time for us to move from bland church drones into followers of the living Christ who are potent for the purposes of God and a mortal threat to the enemy of our souls.”

            So opens the recently published book, The Dangerous Kind, written by ARC pastor, Graeme Sellers. Graeme is lead pastor for Wonderful Mercy Church and a member of the ARC National Leadership Team. As Director for the ARC, I am very strategic about the books I recommend to you as leaders and this is a book well worth reading as it speaks to one of our core values: being a safe place for the dangerous kind. I was privileged to read the manuscript three times as it was being developed and I was inspired, challenged, and learned something each time I read it. Graeme's perspectives on various themes, which can help us live a life that is dangerous for the kingdom of God, are fresh and inspiring.

            Cheryl Sacks who leads a large, bi-annual conference on prayer called Prayer Quake, and is a published author herself, writes: “I was even more impressed with chapter one when I read it a second time. (Graeme) is not only a gifted writer but more importantly has God's message of the hour. The Dangerous Kind is a wake up call to everyone who desires to live a life of authentic Christianity.  If you want to be jarred out of a life of complacency and mediocrity and enlist in a mission that will change the course of history, then this book was written for you.”

I cannot recommend this book to you highly enough. I have purchased copies for each of my staff members at The Master’s Institute and were I back in a congregational setting it would be a book I would go through with my staff and all ministry team leaders. You can order a copy today on Amazon.com. You’ll be glad you did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers