Friday, August 1, 2014

Sharon Franta Ordained!

There was a celebration on June 28th as Sharon Franta was added to the ranks of ordained pastors in the Alliance of Renewal Churches (ARC). This was an especially sweet day for me personally, having worked with Sharon at The Master’s Institute (MI) since 2004, watching her graduate from the seminary along the way, and having mentored and worked with her husband, Scott, in MI’s School of Ministry program. It has been a privilege to be witness to the journey of faith the two of them have been taking with the Lord these past ten years, seeing an increasing Christ-like transformation in their lives, all brought to fullness on this special day.

Sharon’s ordination was celebrated at Bridgewood Community Church where she has joined the pastoral team as an associate pastor. Sharon is a great addition to an already all-star line up of a team that includes lead pastor, Brendon Fairley, associates Mark Spencer and Diane Stores, worship leader, Matt Schurr, and youth pastors, Morgan Sanders and Mark Zamora.

I asked Sharon to reflect back on her ordination day and the journey along the way. She writes: “The journey to not settle for less and to go after all that God has for you can be a road paved with difficult and challenging moments. Doubt, fear, pride, anxiety—you name yours— hover over the stronger, underlying core belief that you are on the right path. When you dig deep, this core is what keeps you going; that you know you are doing your best to stay the course."

Mike Bradley, Eric Bluhm, Joy Frenette, and Brendon Fairley played key roles along with my husband Scott and 3 of our adult children, my friends and the Bridgewood Church Community. God has landed me in a sweet place with sweet people. In response, I pondered how I could express my gratefulness to God and everyone who has walked with me and is for me. How do you say thank you to someone who saved, changed, and/or influenced your life? For me, I resolved that the best way I know how is to go out and do the same for others. To live a life that honors those who have poured into mine; to pass it on. I am honored to be serving at Bridgewood Community Church and every other place God provides a divine moment to extend his grace, his light and his love.”

We in the ARC are blessed to add a gifted sister in Christ such as Sharon to the ranks of ordained pastors in this little band of brothers and sisters who are on mission together. Welcome, Sharon! We’re glad you’re with us!

The Ordination Celebration on June 28th was a sweet place to be with God. The time was right. The place was right. I was surrounded by people who called out in me what I sometimes couldn't see. It was a celebration of God's work in my journey and his call on my life to keep going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers